All ticket purchases through The Old Market’s Box Office are sold subject to agreement to the following terms and conditions. Feel free to contact us regarding any specific queries.
Tickets May Be Purchased:
1 – Online
2 – Phone
01273 201 801 during weekday office hours.
3 – In Person
The Old Market, 11a Upper Market Street, Hove, BN3 1AS.
At least 45 minutes before all seated events, or for standing events from the advertised door time.
Extra hours during festival periods. All revisions to opening hours will be publicised online.
Payment Methods and Fees
Cash and card payments made at the venue box office incur no transaction fee. We accept Visa and Mastercard, but not American Express. Card payments online and over the phone incur a single £1.70 fee per transaction. Transaction fees cover our box office operating costs.
Age recommendations feature on listings for our family-friendly shows. These are usually only considered guidelines, and audiences of other ages are welcome to attend. Any definite restrictions will be clearly advertised. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Under 16’s & Family Tickets
Ticket prices for under 16’s and families will be clearly advertised for each performance. Unless otherwise specified, tickets are not required for babes-in-arms [usually classified as those pre-walking age], though The Old Market reserves the right to require tickets to be purchased, at the management’s discretion.
Refunds & Exchanges
Once purchased, we regret that tickets sold through our Box Office may not be refunded. In extreme circumstances we can offer ticket exchanges for the same event on different dates and/or times within the same run for a small fee of £2.
All tickets can be collected from Box Office, either in advance or on the door before the show. To collect pre-booked tickets, simply present your CREDIT / DEBIT CARD or a form of ID at Box Office. Alternatively, show us your order confirmation on a smartphone, or printed. We do not send tickets in the post.
Tickets may be transferred for collection by someone other than the purchaser. To transfer an order, simply pass on the confirmation email and your postcode. Box Office will require the bearer to show this email, and also – for security reasons – to quote the postcode of your registered account.
Advance Ticket Prices
Many performances at The Old Market are cheaper when booked in advance. Any unsold tickets will be available to purchase on the door, though please note these tickets may cost more for some events.
We offer concession rates for the majority of our shows. Please specify eligibility at time of booking. Unless otherwise specified, concession ticket rates apply to the following groups:
- Full-time students, with current and valid student ID.
- Registered out of work (in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance.)
- Over 65s.
- Under 16s.
Please bring proof of status with you to the event, as you may be asked for confirmation of status.
Essential Carers & Accessibility
We offer free tickets for any required carer. These tickets can be arranged over the phone or in person, and are offered subject to availability. We also work with the local Compass/Carer card scheme to offer further special offers for carers. Please see amazebrighton.org.uk for further details on this scheme. For further accessibility details, see the relevant page on theoldmarket.com.
Groups and Schools Visits
Any available group rates will be advertised in show listings. Alternatively, contact email@example.com or 01273 201 801 for further information. For educational group visits, please see theoldmarket.com’s Education page.
Comments, Complaints and Feedback
For all comments, complaints and feedback, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 201 801.
We reserve the right to refuse admission or re-entry to a performance. Latecomers may be asked to wait for a suitable break in the performance before entering. Tickets sold by The Old Market should not be sold on for profit or commercial gain by any unauthorised seller. In the event of a performance cancellation, The Old Market will take reasonable measures to contact all affected audience members, and will offer either exchange or refunds. The Old Market reserves the right to make changes to advertised line-ups, though reasonable efforts will be made to communicate changes in advance.
All ticket purchases through The Old Market’s Box Office are sold subject to agreement to these terms and conditions.
TOM’S FRIENDS MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. TOM’s Friends membership requires the holder to provide The Old Market Ltd with their full name, address, email and telephone.
2. TOM’s Friends membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
3. a) TOM’s Friends ‘Single’ membership is valid only for the named holder. ‘Single’ membership permits the holder to book ONE tickets per performance at the discount rate.
3. b) TOM’s Friends ‘Dual’ membership is allocated to a single customer account, is valid only for one named holder. Dual membership, however, permits the holder to book TWO tickets per performance at the discount rate.
4. TOM’s Friends will receive discounts on select shows only. This should include all shows with the ‘TOM’s’ tag (ie Co-produced or Selectively programmed performances, across all genres) and select others. TOM reserves the right to exempt certain events from this discount.
5. Whilst the majority will be available through all channels (i.e. Online, Phone, In Person) some TOM’s Friends offers may be limited to selected sales channels only. For example, attaching the discount to a concession price will need to be done manually and will not work online. Please call the Box Office on 01273 201801 and they’ll be happy to process any discounts.
6. By signing up to membership the member consents to receiving regular marketing communications from The Old Market Ltd. The member’s details will not be passed on to any third parties.
7. TOM’s Friends membership cards will be issued within 14 working days. These can also be picked up in person when you next visit us. Access to ticket discounts is available immediately through TOM’s Box Office system.
8. Unless otherwise specified, discounts applicable for TOM’s Friends may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
9. TOM’s Friends membership is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
10. The Old Market Ltd reserves the right to change or withdraw any specified offer from the Membership benefits, subject to notice.