Wilder Stories: Rhapsodies in Colour
We’re looking for people to read their stories, poems, monologues, transcripts, and narrative songs at each of our Wilder Stories nights, each themed around a colour: Blue (Sun 7 May), Red (Sun 21 May) or Green (Sun 28 May).
For each of these specially curated live-lounge podcasts, we’re inviting storytellers: musicians, writers, academics and artists from across the city to share a story with us. Hosted by local singer/songwriter Chris T-T with a live score from Todd Jordan, each night is inspired by a different hue.
Each submission should be loosely themed around the colour selected (it could be a feeling evoked by, or an association with, for example) and no longer than five minutes. You will also agree to being recorded for our Wilder Stories podcast series, which may get broader airtime.
How to apply:
– Indicate whether your submission is a story, poem, monologue, transcript, narrative song, or something else
– Indicate which date/colour you are applying for
– Either send us a transcript, description of your submission or a link to a recording of your submission
– You can apply for more than one date/colour
– Please send the above information in an email with the subject line ‘Wilder Stories Submission’ to helen (at) theoldmarket.com by Fri 31 Mar.
The submission deadline is Fri 31 Mar, and we’ll let you know if you’ve been selected by Sun 9 Apr.